Dear Hillside Families,
Our goal is to provide students with a safe, caring and orderly learning environment where students can have the opportunity to excel. Traditional education stresses personal achievement that is conducive to learning. This is achieved through structured, teacher-directed approaches to instruction with a focus on building foundational knowledge. Literacy and numeracy skills are regularly assessed. In addition, homework, to reinforce learning, is expected to be completed.
At Hillside Traditional Academy we value and encourage parents support of their children's learning. Here are just a few ways you can help your child be successful in school:
- Talk to your child about their day at school.
- Provide a time and place for homework and ensure your child stats up to date on assignments.
- Ensure your child gets enough rest during the school week.
- Ensure your child eats a well-balanced diet that meets their nutritional needs.
- Ensure regular and punctual attendance. This is critical for student success.
Hillside Traditional Academy values respect, personal responsibility, and empathy. It is our goal to foster these values, in a traditional environment, allowing our students to maximize their potential as a citizen in our school and the greater community.
It is a privilege and an honour to be the principal of Hillside Traditional Academy. I look forward to sharing the educational experience of our learners. I welcome and value your positive energy and dedication to excellence in education. Thank you for your commitment to Hillside Traditional Academy.
Hillside Traditional Academy